87% of parents of Leaving Cert Students think that the Department of Education should make a decision before the end of January to decide if the Leaving Cert will be cancelled and replaced with predicated grades
87% of Parents of Leaving Cert students and 75% of all adults in Ireland think that the Department of Education should make a decision before the end of January to decide if the Leaving Cert will be cancelled and replaced with predicated grades.
o 56% Parents of Leaving Cert students say their Children would prefer to sit their exams in June with 44% of Children preferring predicated grades.
In relation to Back to School for all parents of Primary and Secondary children@
Nearly half (47%) of all adults feel that schools should only reopen when the R-rate is under 1 nationwide. This compares of 42% of Parents of Primary School and 48% of Parents of Secondary School Children.
For more statistics you can visit us at our blog: https://ireachhq.com/blog
About iReach Insights
iReach Insights provides a range of research and market intelligence services in Ireland and Europe. iReach has built a Consumer Decisions Research Panel of 40,000 members in Ireland, delivering robust research insights. The survey questions were included in the Nationally Representative iReach Consumer Decisions Omnibus run between the 13th and the 19th of January 2021 and has a 2.5% Confidence Interval and 95% Confidence Level.
Questions asked of participants:
1. Do you think the Department of Education should make a decision before the end of January to decide if the Leaving Cert will be cancelled and replaced with Predicted Grades?
2. Would they prefer to sit their exams or receive predicated grades?
3. Do you think Leaving Cert students should be given the option to choose between sitting their exams or receiving predicated grades?
4. Do you agree that your child’s anxiety and stress levels have increased due to the uncertainty of the exams?
5. Do you have a child/children in primary or secondary education that have been forced to home-school?
6. Do you think that schools should reopen as planned after the 31st of January or stay closed for longer?
iReach Insights Limited – Temple Hall, Temple Road, Blackrock, CO. Dublin, IRELAND.
iReach Managing Director: Oisin Byrne
T: 086 850 6364 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org