Only 28% thought the process was fair in how the points were calculated for this year’s Leaving Cert students and 49% weren’t sure if the process was fair or not.
58% of Students taking the Leaving Cert in 2020 obtained more points than expected.
· Nearly half (47%) received points that were a little higher than expected with a further 11% receiving points that were much higher than expected.
· 29% received points that were lower than expected.
· 59% agree that points were artificially increased this year due to ‘calculated grades’.
· Over half (52%) agree that paying for grinds for this year’s Leaving Cert was a waste of money due to calculated grades.
· 36% believe it’s likely that there will be calculated grades for next year’s Leaving Cert students.
Commenting on the research, Oisin Byrne iReach MD states “Almost 60% of students sitting the leaving Cert this year obtained points higher than expected, but for the 29% of students that received lower points than expected, many feel they have been penalised by the Calculated Grades process. 59% of respondents believe the points were artificially inflated in 2020, so undermines trust in the whole process”
For more statistics you can visit us at our blog: https://ireachhq.com/blog
About iReach Insights
iReach Insights provides a range of research and market intelligence services in Ireland and Europe. iReach has built a Consumer Decisions Research Panel of 40,000 members in Ireland, delivering robust research insights. The survey questions were included in the Nationally Representative iReach Consumer Decisions Omnibus run between the 3rd and the 10th of September 2020 and has a 3% Confidence Interval and 95% Confidence Level.
iReach Insights Limited – Temple Hall, Temple Road, Blackrock, CO. Dublin, IRELAND.
iReach Managing Director: Oisin Byrne
T: 01-214 3740 or email: email@example.com