· 8 in 10 (80%) agree with the new legislation implemented that gives the Gardaí additional powers of enforcement. This figure was slightly higher in Dublin with 85% of respondents agreeing with this new legislation. The new legislation was also popular among young adults (aged 18-24) with 82% agreeing with the new powers of enforcement.
· 7 in 10 (70%) adults have made a conscious effort to support local businesses due to the impact of COVID-19. 74% of respondents from Munster agreed they have made a conscious effort to support local businesses. For those aged 55+, 74% agree they have made a conscious effort to support local business following the impact of COVID-19.
· 41% agree that the COVID-19 pandemic has made them more aware of environmental issues. Almost half (47%) of adults aged between 18-24 agree that the COVID-19 pandemic has made them more aware of environmental issues.
For more statistics you can visit us at our blog: https://ireachhq.com/blog
About iReach Insights
iReach Insights provides a range of research and market intelligence services in Ireland and Europe. iReach has built a Consumer Decisions Research Panel of 40,000 members in Ireland, delivering robust research insights. The survey questions were included in the Nationally Representative iReach Consumer Decisions Omnibus run between the 3rd and the 8th of September 2020 and has a 3% Confidence Interval and 95% Confidence Level.
· Do you agree the new legislation, to give Gardaí additional powers of enforcement (which will allow them to close down pubs for up to a month if they are in breach of public health guidelines)?
· To what extent do you agree or disagree with the following statements:
iReach Insights Limited – Temple Hall, Temple Road, Blackrock, CO. Dublin, IRELAND.
iReach Managing Director: Oisin Byrne
T: 01-214 3740 or email: email@example.com